STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Short Shorts

We talked about Short Shorts (also known as micro fiction, flash fiction and other things) at my Creative Writing class this week. I love them!
Here is my first one to read before I tell you any more.


Snow, Horse, Tree

In my quest, I have travelled for almost a thousand years. My companion shakes her chestnut head and whinnies. Jets of steam rise from her nostrils as I tether her to the ancient pine. I try to suppress a sense of building excitement; I haven’t succeeded yet!
An impatient stamp from behind urges me forward. She knows the time has come.
Fresh snow is falling whirling and dancing around me. This really must be it!
All I need to return home are two flakes the same.
And this time, I’ll do it.

.
.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2008 7:31 pm, Blogger stevie.g said...

good piece of micro....but not sure you'll ever 'do it'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home