STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, October 27, 2008

Short Shorts VI

Toby

At some point in that alcohol infused evening, someone asked me to describe Toby. This was my area of excellence especially after several pints. “He was a small man,” I started. It generated a warm trickle of laughter. “Not a man of fine physical perfection such as myself”, I patted my round belly to another chuckle. “Small in size and stature- I often wondered what the beautiful Sarah saw in him.” A sigh and a wry smile this time, echoed around the table. “But he was a fine man,” I continued, “A good friend, reliable, trustworthy and would always buy a pint. I shall miss him greatly.” Luckily the lighting in the pub was subdued as we nodded, raised our glasses and toasted our departed friend. “To Toby!”


.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home