STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, October 27, 2008

Evaluation

I've now had a week of writing micro fiction which I've really enjoyed but I've come to the conclusion that it's like eating sweets which taste good but make you feel sick after a while. I can only conclude that everything in moderation is best and I may well continue to write these as they get me focused not only on producing ideas and writing them down but actually finishing them which is very good for me.

I'm aware that not many people are blogging or reading blogs these days but I would be interested in hearing your constructive comments on my attempts at short shorts: what did you like, what didn't you like? It would be very helpful to me.

I shall sign this off with an example we were given from our course from what I presume is a "professional": Barry Yourgrau from "A Man Jumps out of an Aeroplane Wearing Dad's Head"

Woodsmen

Men are working in the woods. I take a seat on the pine needles and watch the movements through the trees. I hear sounds of their talking. I lie back in the coolness and shadows, covering my eyes with my arm, and let myself be lulled into a doze by the distant voices, the blurred echoes. In my dream, they're working beside me. They chat with me pleasantly as they carve from wood the roots, the boughs, the blossoms, the detailed leaves. "And soon we'll do you," they promise.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 27, 2008 2:41 pm, Blogger Carl said...

Just to say I'm still reading -- though I'm afraid I have little to offer in terms of comments on your micro-fiction.

 
At October 29, 2008 3:32 pm, Blogger Si said...

haha, I just came in to give the exact same comment that Carl did.

Keep the content coming, I didn't realise that blogging audiences were down.

 
At October 29, 2008 9:49 pm, Blogger Helsalata said...

OK well thanks to you both for your comments (I think ;)
I'll keep blogging maybe but no more fiction in all likelihood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home