STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympic Success

It's been an interesting time of learning for me as I have been watching (and enjoying!) a variety of sports in the Beijing Olympics. Most fascinating must surely have been The Madison race comprising 200 laps of the velodrome with sprints at intervals. Completely mad and almost unfathomable but hugely entertaining!
I think most people seem to be in polite shock that Team GB are doing so well. It makes a nice change from the normal cynicism and pessimism. It is really inspiring and makes you think "What could I have excelled in had I only got into it?" So that's the question for you- what appeals? The BBC site will give you an idea of what's on offer) I think that handball might be an area for growth as it's relatively unknown and could be due for expansion. Don't think they do weightlifting for women so I think I might go for javelin or hammer. Dream on!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home