STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Things at the moment...

Here I am blogging at 6.30 on Wednesday morning.
I'm tired.
I have a cat who might be ill and has been in for a couple of nights
And he likes to make his presence known.
I have a lot to do at work
Meetings with visionaries
Nice but tiring
A meeting with the full team
Some want to be there others don't
I have important stuff to tell them either way
Still trying to get my head around the JAR (Joint Area Review).
Some contracts are renewed some are not.
Interviews taking place-
Feeling the pressure of trying to find the Right Person.
A very messy desk to clear
And something that should have been sorted out in September still lurking.
At home, a house full of daughters-
I tend to find there's a lot to be done as I walk through the door at 5.30,
Unload the dishwasher,
Clear plates, salad cream and dirty tissues from living room,
Trying to Unhear the arguments "she did this", "my turn for the TV",
Make something quick and nutritious for tea,
Replace essentials at a very close shop.
Then it could well be an evening where 2/3's of my offspring go out so
I might be on driver duty.
And I really should go out to a youth club in Earlham tonight in order to talk to some young people about their aspirations.
And there's no point in doing that unless I'm going to write it up
And really I should be getting a real move on in writing it up
Because time is running out
But then it's running out in whatever I'm doing.
Sigh.
My seedlings aren't very demanding however.
They sit on my window sill and grow very slowly.
I give them water every day and they grow.
Very rewarding.
And if I make it through to August
I could well have some strawberries and peppers to show for my patience.
Even if I don't my seedling represent peace in my hectic world,
For which I'm grateful.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 19, 2008 8:11 am, Blogger Phil said...

Keep going. Remember why you do it all and don't forget to breath!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home