STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, February 25, 2008

The end of blogging?





Just for fun I went on the "Your Website Value" website that looks at the traffic your website gets and calculates a monetary value. You can see the result above which surprised me (and pleased me too seeing as the NCBC website is worth $32!) My high figure is due to the fact that I have so many bookmarks- so thank you to you all and I hope you still read even though I don't blog so often these days.

And thinking of not blogging so much- why is that? Was blogging just a fad? Has it's time been and gone? I notice a lot of the pages I link to on the right have stopped updating. If blogging has had it's moment in the sun, what has replaced it? Meanwhile if there were going to be Oscars given out to services in reliable and thought provoking blogging, then that award would be going to Carl. Well done!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At February 25, 2008 10:49 am, Blogger Carl said...

Thank you - though even I've tapered off a bit recently.

I think that the blogging world is still growing, but our little 'Norwich' blogosphere does seem to have had its peak. I guess people's lives change and the reasons/motivations for blogging change. I feel like I've been having far less bloggable thoughts recently - partly because there's been so much unrelated stuff eating up all my attention. If and when things settle down I think my blogging will improve.

 
At February 25, 2008 1:40 pm, Blogger Carl said...

P.S. don't stop blogging! Your posts are always interesting and insightful.

 
At February 25, 2008 7:40 pm, Blogger Laura said...

I don't get it, I typed in a few addresses (including yours Helen!) and they all came up as $95?!

 
At February 26, 2008 7:52 am, Blogger Helsalata said...

How bizarre! I don't know why that would be...

 
At February 28, 2008 9:56 am, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said...

Speak for yourself Helsie baby, I've got my work cut out on the blogging front. In fact I've got what you might call a 'Backblog' of items that need comment on. The ID people are really drawing my fire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home