STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Essential 100- Your Way into the Heart of the Bible

This has been the book chosen to be followed by our church and housegroups for the lead up to Easter. I started it last night and was surprised.
1. It's a very poor quality book. The paper quality is close to that of Izal
2. In my head it was a book of the "top 100" bible quotes. Something you could dip into and learn off by heart. It's not that. It's a book telling you to read certain parts of the bible and then analysing very basically what you've just read.
3. It's in chronological order. I'm starting with what seems like a lot of Genesis. This is fine but I don't have the attention span to be methodical. And if I did, I'd read the bible in a year in preference.
4. It reminds me very much of daily reading notes.
It'll be interesting to see how it instigates sermons and housegroup debate.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2008 10:40 pm, Blogger stevie.g said...

I thought bible reading notes were a good thing, are they not?
I'm sure with you at the group there will be a fab debate x

 
At January 16, 2008 7:39 am, Blogger Helsalata said...

Bible reading notes are just fine :) (but cheaper?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home