STOP THE TRAFFIK

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Richard Dawkins and carols

This is quite strange in my eyes: Richard Dawkins, vitriolic atheist, considers himself a "cultural Christian", in other words he can enjoy and appreciate the heritage that Christianity has given society. This includes singing carols. Strange! I can understand appreciating churches, applauding Christian charitable efforts and the like but singing songs to celebrate the birth of what Christians consider their God? I really can't get my head around that one.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2007 9:18 am, Blogger Carl said...

It is odd, considering his (a) vitriol towards not just the extremists of religion but also the moderates and (b) his strong words about how damaging religion is (I believe he compares raising a child in a religion to child abuse).

 
At December 17, 2007 11:07 pm, Blogger stevie.g said...

not really that odd - given that he is clueless. poor chap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home