STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, September 03, 2007

Low down on the (not so) new job

Well a few people have asked for some information on the new job and I haven't really known what to write. But here it is (long overdue!)

I finished working for Norfolk County Council- Children's Services, Central Area Youth Work team at the end of May. I was able to "shadow" the School's Manager for YMCA for a month before she went on maternity leave. Then it was just me in the job! Although I do only work three days a week (Hannah worked full time). Rachel has also gained some managerial responsibility so in theory, it should work out.

I have encountered some real challenges (recruiting three new members of staff), periodic moments of stress when funding reports are due and generally getting the hang of a new job.

But I've enjoyed the challenges and things seem to have worked out OK so far! My job entails managing people, dealing with their contracts and representing the YMCA at meetings. Today I ran some training, spoke to a head teacher, signed some forms and confirmed a team building event for next week (yay for Craig!)

The only way I can describe the job is that it's stretching- enough to be a challenge but not enough to be a burden.

If I've left any detail out, ask me a question!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At September 05, 2007 10:13 pm, Blogger monty said...

Hi

Congrats on the new job - I wondered what you think is going to be the most challenging aspect of the job?

 
At September 05, 2007 10:39 pm, Blogger Helsalata said...

Good question! There are many answers to that question but lack of time is most pertinent at the moment. Hannah was full time and although I'm not doing all her role, I think I'm pushed to do everything in the three days a week I have.

 
At September 09, 2007 9:11 pm, Blogger monty said...

Ah wow - sure, I do know how much there is to do and I know that Hannah is a work horse too, so it must be heavy going.

Sounds like your doing a good job though...

I bet Holidays are keeping you busy ;-) if you catch my drift! tee hee.....

 
At September 09, 2007 9:59 pm, Blogger Helsalata said...

Indeed! So long as people don't worry about it too much, I'm sure that we'll work something out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home