STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, July 16, 2007

Which House?

Continuing the Harry Potter theme I was thinking about sorting and which house I would be in if I was in Harry Potter. It was difficult because there are aspects of all the different houses in all of us. I was also thinking that several of the main characters would appear to buck the trend: Hermione given her propensity for working hard and her natural intelligence really belongs in Ravenclaw; Neville belongs to Hufflepuff. And yet they aren't in the obvious houses, they're both in Gryffindor.

I would think that most people who think themselves into Hogwarts would identify themselves with Harry and want to be placed in Gryffindor. I think that bravery is an attribute that doesn't lend itself much to modern day life but think that it houses the oddballs at Hogwarts. Maybe it's because JKR has had more time to flesh it all out. This is a shame because it could have been explored a little more thoroughly.

So as for my sorting:
Hufflepuff: I could see myself in Hufflepuff but only as a leader. Not really edgy enough for me. Which leads nicely into,
Slytherin: I think if JKR had more time, she would have built up a more rounded picture of the students placed into Slytherin. As it is, she hasn't and they have all become caricatures. I think that I could be placed in Slytherin but it's unlikely. I'm not at all ambitious but with my desire to lead Hufflepuffs, maybe I have more Slytherin attributes than I would care to mention?
Ravenclaw: I think I have the intelligence to be put into Ravenclaw but do I have the desire to work? I think I could be here but I'm just too darned lazy. This just leaves,
Gryffindor: It would appear that I have found my home. Although it is a little too mainstream...

You could try the numerous tests online:
At this one I came out as Hufflepuff (81/100) although Ravenclaw was 75/100 and Gryffindor was 74/100
This one was a tie between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
This one was easy to predict what the questions were leading to and I came out as Gryffindor
Hufflepuff again here
That will probably do for now...


Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 16, 2007 9:50 am, Blogger sparkles said...

oh dear

 
At July 17, 2007 8:55 am, Blogger Carl said...

There's a bit in OOTP where someone asks Hermione why she's not in Ravenclaw. I forget what she says. With Neville, I suppose it's incidents like his standing up to the other three at the end of book one that makes him Gryffindor rather than Hufflepuff. And perhaps dealing with his parents' plight shows bravery?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home