STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Spoilers Likely

I have finished and loved it! The plot was complex and meaty and JKR did what she does best and fleshed out relationships and characters. She also drew all the strands of the series together into what can be described as a tour de force. Magnificent!

Of course there are quibbles but she has created a fantastic book that crowns all the series beautifully.

I like the fact that I couldn't really have predicted the story- I hadn't really figured that the forces of evil would penetrate the wizarding community to the extent that JKR described in the book. I liked it because it made the whole thing really dark. The scenes in the Ministry of Magic were reminiscent of Nazi Germany which were really chilling. The scenes when Harry, Ron and Hermione were on the run were quite desolate and she conveyed really well a feeling that they needed to be constantly on the move but with a rising sense of panic that they didn't know what to do next.

And the deaths... the two non-human deaths affected me most apart from the vicious one inflicted by Nagini that seemed the most cruel and evil thing in the series.

The back stories were great, again fleshing out characters so that we know that we are shaped by but can learn from our choices. The scenes in Grimwauld Place are fantastic and I love the character who develops there.

So much to say but don't want to say it all for fear of giving it all away. Hope you enjoyed or are it enjoying it too...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 24, 2007 6:11 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Well done!

I thought the isolation in the middle of the book really set the scene for the end of the book, which brings together what the sorting hat has been singing about for several books!

I really love the fact that Dumbledore hadn't cheated death and yet was still instrumental in the plot.

The echo of 'Teddy' and Harry was also very well thought out.

Probably enough for now!

Still trying not to spoil it too much for everyone who hasn't read it.

 
At July 24, 2007 9:10 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, well done from me as well. I only managed half of HP one - but I really enjoyed your blogs on it. What are you going to fill that Harry Potter shaped hole in your life with then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home