STOP THE TRAFFIK

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I love Sacred Space

Pentecost is about the Now. The Holy Spirit gives us the confidence to be where we are, possibly depressed, old, with sicknesses. We do not look at trees and say they have to be saplings. Ancient trees may have rotten branches but they have a beauty that comes from all the years they have lived. In the Holy Spirit nothing goes out of fashion; it grows, and never dies. The body may die, but you and I will not. When you are fifteen, you do not want to know about when you were ten. You are looking ahead, hoping to be something else. That does not give peace. Peace comes from knowing: I am fifteen, which means that each of those 15 years has added something to me. My successes come from what I did with my failures. I have survived some sufferings, and have learned from them. The Holy Spirit would have taught Saint Peter to think about the denial of Christ and crowing of the cock. He would rather have forgotten about it, undone it. Instead he learned to make it part of the Lord’s dealing with him, as much a part as Jesus’ tender words to him after the Resurrection: Feed my sheep.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 01, 2007 3:13 pm, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said...

Nice encouraging bit of writing.

 
At June 01, 2007 3:15 pm, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said...

PS I not very good with compliments - I am much better at criticism - so "nice" is about the full extent of my compliment vocabulary.

 
At June 01, 2007 9:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post really helps me

Naomi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home