STOP THE TRAFFIK

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Reflection

I love the Sacred Space site which is run by Irish Jesuits and I link to it in my side bar. I find that the prayers that they have there are really insightful, not necessary speaking into my situation but they just have a weight and wisdom that makes me catch my breath. Here is the thought that they have on the site, leading into the prayer of the day. I liked it, I hope you do too.

The Holy Spirit gives us the confidence to be where we find ourselves, possibly depressed, old, sickly. Ancient trees may have rotten branches but they have a beauty that comes from all the years they have lived. If we live in the Holy Spirit, nothing is lost to us, not even our failures, immaturities or sins. When you are fifteen, you do not want to know about when you were ten. You are looking ahead, hoping to be something else. But true growth comes from knowing: I am fifteen, which means that each of those 15 years has added something to me. My successes come from what I did with my failures. I have survived some sufferings, and have learned from them. The Holy Spirit would have helped Saint Peter to think about the denial of Christ and crowing of the cock. He would rather have forgotten about it, undone it. Instead he learned to make it part of the Lord's dealing with him, as much a part as Jesus' tender words to him after the Resurrection: Feed my sheep.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 03, 2007 11:26 pm, Blogger Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said...

I'm liking that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home