STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Comments on posts

There are multiple reasons why I don't post comments on blogs:
  • the blogger has written so comprehensively that nothing more need be said
  • the blogger has written so comprehensively that it will take my feeble brain time to get my head around the subject and even then, it probably won't quite get there but I feel proud to know such brainy people
  • the blogger has written so comprehensively that to say "well done" sounds lame and patronising
  • the post may not warrant a reply (like the get yourself a ridiculous title one below)
  • lots of other people have commented and I don't really need/want to
  • lack of time
  • (very rarely) I don't agree with the blogger and I don't really want to start a discussion about it
  • the blogger in question is my husband and I feel like I always comment on his blog
  • I have been the first to comment for the last three posts of that blogger and I'm starting to feel like a stalker
  • are there any more to add?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At January 24, 2007 10:46 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't think of anymore either and your list says it better than i could!

 
At January 24, 2007 11:15 pm, Blogger Sweet Pete said...

I think we should be able to make belching noises or worse in response to a blog. Or capture the sound of a smile or a grimace and post it for others to share - I acknowledge this could end up being offensive but at least a more spontaneous reaction is recorded for prosperity.

What is prosperity? - until Google pull the plug and all the wisdom and comment of the human imagination is lost as the last gasp of a computer wiping its own hard drive.

Time for bed me thinks

 
At January 24, 2007 11:57 pm, Blogger sparkles said...

yeah, there are many times when I just snigger, or say 'mmm' or groan or something. But it doesn't look so good written down.

*snigger*

It's something I've thought about briefly as I've dipped into online counselling. So much of counselling seems to involve mmm's, nods, yeahs, etc. - so how can you communicate a 'togetherness' or that you're listening and understanding, when you can't actually see the person?

I can empathise with the stalker reason ;)

 
At January 25, 2007 2:41 pm, Blogger Carl said...

Just to say - I'm always very grateful for your comments on my blog!

 
At January 25, 2007 9:49 pm, Blogger Chris said...

Sometimes someone (me usually) has written such inane blabberings that there is nothing to say... except 'what?' or 'are you on medication?'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home