STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Book Review

Here is a book that somebody very kindly bought for Joolian. I think using the sub title of the book that this was a purchase for dreamers as opposed to realists but it makes a rather fun read. Just by flicking through, I now know how to skin a rabbit, what acreage is neccessary to be completely self sufficient, whether to have a cow or 6 sheep on one acre of land and many other incredibly necessary facts and figures.
Now I'm off to my very comfortable bed to dream on...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 10, 2007 10:52 pm, Blogger Sweet Pete said...

We have about 1/5 of an acre - how much of a cow can we successfully rear? And does it mention those pygmy sheep you can now get?

 
At January 11, 2007 8:32 am, Blogger Helsalata said...

I can just imagine the joints and steaks you could fit on 1/5 acre! But he recommends that one acre is the minimum you can consider in beggining to be self sufficient. And to choose a cow over several sheep or pigs. At 2 acres you can then have the cow and then start having sheep/pigs. I'll have to re-read the section on pigs but it was originally written in the 70's so I'm not sure whether all these rare breeds were so much of a feature then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home