STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, November 27, 2006

Middle Child Syndrome

Have been watching a Channel 5 programme called Middle Child Syndrome which talks about the insecurities and troubles that seem to present themselves when in the middle of a family. My family would appear to fit the classic pattern: eldest child highly acedemic and keen to please the parent, youngest child relatively easy going and into the performing arts, middle child a little at odds and fighting for attention.

How does this fit in with your experiences of family?

2 Comments:

At November 29, 2006 9:58 am, Blogger Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said...

I think I often found that, but I was the younger of two (my brother being the academic one) and the dog always seemed to get more attention than me :S

Might not be to do with MDS but when La n me moved in together I found it uncomfortable that she was prepeared to listen to my views and ask about them because I was never really afforded that kind of opportunity in my upbringing.

Mum isn't a bad parent though, I think I came out alright.

 
At November 29, 2006 8:53 pm, Blogger joolians said...

eldest child, keen to please parent? is this the same eldest child who won't let me go to gigs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home