STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

David Blaine- Hero or Wacko?



David Blaine is spinning inside a gyroscope over New York City.

He will be inside the sphere which is suspended 15m above the ground for almost three days before attempting to escape from some shackles. Three spinning steel rings will flip Blaine in various directions up to eight times per minute. The illusionist said his biggest concerns, besides not eating or drinking, were the freezing weather and dizziness.

It makes me wonder, why? He's obviously a showman and performer and I understand that some people wish to push the limits of human endurance. It still holds very little interest for me but he's one of those people that it's good to have in the world because they cause a little sensation. Imagine if the most controversial the world got was to do with cooking flapjacks. It takes all sorts and I guess I'm up for being the one doing the flapjacks...

1 Comments:

At November 23, 2006 12:55 am, Blogger monty said...

Surely its pureshowmanship and entertainment? He's a magician at heart so therefore at the heart of everything he does is the magician art of illusion.

I am not saying he isn't doing it, but I suspect a lot of stunts he has recently done (London in a box, underwater in NY) are feats of endurance, but I suspect he knows what he can and cannot do - as a magician would.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home