STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday 17th October- One Day in History

'One Day in History' is a one off opportunity for you to join in a mass blog for the national record. We want as many people as possible to record a 'blog' diary which will be stored by the British Library as a historical record of our national life.
Here is an account of my Tuesday 17th October...why not do yours?

I have 2 PHSE lessons at The Clare School on a Tuesday morning, one at 9.15 and the other at 11.30. We will be talking about sex and relationships after half term but in the lead up we've been thinking about relationships that we already have like family and friends. The sessions today were really rewarding: the young people engage really well and the teaching staff seem really pleased.

I then had to go to the Training Unit in Sprowston (I must confess all journeys today were done by car) to meet with Mike who is in charge of the youth service training. I was back home by two, had some carrot and orange soup and went on the computer.

Had arranged to cover a session called "Feelings on the Wall" which started at 4 but no young people turned up. I used the time to catch up on some paperwork and chatted to some work colleagues.

Julian texted me to say could I get fish and chips for tea on the way home but I didn't have any cash on me. We went to Waitrose, bought some chunky haddock (not cod) fingers and had them with crinkle cut oven chips and baked beans.

Imogen had to get her ingredients together for food tech tomorrow, Lauren was helping serve fairtrade teas and coffee at parents evening at school and Poppy spent most of the evening on the computer either doing her homework or playing Neopets. I host a chat event for young people between 8 and 9 but no young people came on last night. After that I read some of "Thinking Sociologically" but decided to call it a night just before ten because I was tired, bone tired.

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2006 4:04 pm, Blogger Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said...

that's such an awesome idea!

I hope there'll be online access to randomly pick up blogs... It'd be interesting to read a cultural cross section even a few days after it's publication!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home