STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Smells like teen spirit

Daughter number one came into the kitchen this morning clutching a carrier bag and looking rather sheepish. It would appear that her long missing lunch box had turned up in her room after all. It had been missing for about two weeks, wrapped in two layers of carrier bag and still had a sizeable amount of the pasta salad that she had had for lunch two weeks ago. I tend to find that there is no point in dwelling on doing a task like that: you have to bite the bullet and just do it. So I did. I took off the leaky carriers and chucked them in the bin and then tipped out the rancid lunch. It was only then that the smell hit me- speed was of the essence so it was flung into hot soapy water in order to wash it. But by then the smell was threatening to knock me out and with the offending box soaking I ran to put the contents of the bin in the wheelie bin outside (thankfully it being collection day today!) Unfortunately dear reader I had the misfortune of getting some of the offending liquid on my arm in the process of doing this. Toxic waste, as you know will never be removed by seven or eight washes with soap and water so I was now doomed to have the smell linger wherever I go. The washing up beckoned me and the smell was foul. After washing, I boiled the kettle and drained it thoroughly in order to kill the smell, germs and general offensiveness that lurked behind it's now respectable, clean exterior.

I now will go in the shower although I do not hold out much hope of ever ridding myself of the stench. It is farewell from me- I shall only be able to communicate with the outside world via this blog. My aroma will be forever too pungent for polite society. Farewell....

5 Comments:

At October 05, 2006 3:23 pm, Blogger sparkles said...

lol I'll come round with a peg! ;)

 
At October 05, 2006 10:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck, would have gone in the bin if that was me! I have thrown many of Lissy's cups away when she has hidden them with milk in!

 
At October 06, 2006 7:41 pm, Blogger Paul said...

On CSI they bath in lemon juice to get rid of the stench of dead bodies....worth a try ;-)

 
At October 06, 2006 10:17 pm, Blogger Helsalata said...

Cool tip there, thanks!

 
At October 09, 2006 10:17 pm, Blogger monty said...

Paul

They bath in lemon juice? Made of money if you ask me - do you know how much jif lemon costs.... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home