STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Youth related blogging

Firstly in the local news, this little starter for ten:

The reputation young people have for being tearaways or self-centred brats was completely blown away after a group of children spent 12 weeks working on projects with the disabled and elderly.

The article continues that young people from Bignold Middle School have been doing activities with OAPs from a nearby sheltered housing project. This is lovely news but rather tainted by the opening gambit above. The article finishes with

Do you think young people have got an unfair reputation as troublemakers? Write to Evening News Letters, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE

And yes, because of your reporting I believe they do. I'll be off to compose an email just as soon as I hit "publish post"...


Secondly, what do you think of the news that the government are launching a consultation on raising the legal age for buying cigarettes? (BBC story here) I really can't see that this is anything but a waste of time and will probably increase the desirability of being seen with a cigarette hanging out of your mouth at the age of 14.

1 Comments:

At July 04, 2006 10:52 pm, Blogger monty said...

If your objecting to "tarring youth with the same brush" mentality I totally agree.

I do wonder though if old people in society often (and wrongly) feel threatened and intimitaded by young people at times.

If I am honest, I feel intimidated by youth a lot. You know my wifes work, and I cannot do that because I find it very difficult working with youth.

But your right, to start of negative seems awful reporting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home