STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Edinburgh- part 4


Just in summing up my time in Edinburgh I wanted to say how lovely the city was, how vibrant and distintive. It was like a foreign holiday because the experience was so different to what I would expect from Norfolk (steep hills, dark stone buildings, men in kilts, etc!) and yet I love that we English have a bond with Scotland. I must admit that on the whole I just shopped and ate but I did walk a lot and saw lots of sights, fantastic views and places of interest. Part of the reason for my journey was to check out Edinburgh's potential as a place for Lauren to go to university. It scored highly on all counts, the only thing that I think was a negative were the sheer number of tourists, equivalent to London. Still the positive aspects more than compensate for this.

2 Comments:

At July 25, 2006 9:55 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Where did you stay as a matter of interest?

 
At July 26, 2006 7:32 am, Blogger Helsalata said...

We stayed in the Premier Travel Inn at Lauriston Place. An interesting (seedy!) part of town but very near the Jesuit convent where my mum was doing a week long series of studies. It was also a short and leafy walk to the uni which was nice. The hotel were not geared up for hot summers (no air con) but I doubt many places in Edinburgh are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home