STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Edinburgh- part 2

Journeys to Scotland are normally long. It's a long way. Admittedly I did get up at 5.30 on Saturday morning and was out of the house by 5.55 but I did find myself walking out of Edinburgh airport at 8.08 and was by Edinburgh Waverley station at 8.35. That felt very surreal!
And I really have to sing the praises of FlyBe. I could check in online and as I only had hand luggage, I sailed straight through to the departure lounge. It was all very easy and very civilised. Even coming home (with no online check in) I didn't have to wait and was sorted in less than a minute.

The only thing that bugs me about budget flights is the hidden charges. My flights were £1 and £14 and yet with airport taxes and baggage charges, I paid over £70 in the end. But still it was worth it in the end for the ease.

1 Comments:

At July 22, 2006 12:35 am, Blogger Chris said...

And I'm betting that it was still cheaper than paying for petrol (if you were going by yourself that is).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home