STOP THE TRAFFIK

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Tattoos

I have never had one.
They are becoming more popular (apparantly)
It seems every where you turn, a tattoo parlour has sprung up.
I'd like to have no opinion about them
But I do.
I haven't ever liked them
Although I feel less strongly about them now than I used to.
Some I think are quite pretty,
But not for me.
The thought of looking at myself at 66 in a full length mirror
Gravity having taken it's toll
Isn't a thought I want in my head.
Gravity can take it's toll, that's fine.
But I don't need a faded bluey, green wrinkly patch of skin there too.
As a reminder of Yoof,
How things used to be.
Maybe if they faded away after 5 years,
Maybe if there was a miraculous reversal technique,
Maybe, maybe.
I don't know. If you want a tattoo,
Nothing I will say as I ramble in my blog,
Will influence you.
Which is a Good Thing because who wants to listen to a 37 year old fogey?

4 Comments:

At April 02, 2006 6:31 pm, Blogger Mark said...

only just 37, but so much of an old fogey!

Naomi

 
At April 03, 2006 5:01 am, Blogger Chris said...

I echo your sentiments as a 26 year old fogey!

 
At April 03, 2006 8:34 am, Blogger Phil said...

I'm listening.

 
At April 07, 2006 11:36 pm, Blogger sparkles said...

me listening too.

And hey, look, Naomi is an old fogey that has to pretend to be Mark to post anything ;-)

I do not view you as old, let alone a fogey!

(I can't help but think bogey, when everyone's saying fogey)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home