STOP THE TRAFFIK

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Update fuelled by toast and jam

My thoughts have been purely about academic study over the last week- not surprising really in rushing to complete a uni course. But also been thinking about eldest daughter applying to uni which is rather fun: which uni; which course; what entry requirements; what after uni? The Eldest One has had the opportunity to tap into a series of workshops aimed at helping and informing students who potentially would like to apply to Oxbridge. This was originally met with vague interest, then hostility and now after a day of chatting with ex-CNS pupils who are studying at Oxford, non-committal interest. It may well be worth noting that an air of self preservation hangs around proceedings as the knowledge that two thirds of applicants are unsuccessful menas you can't get too hung up on going. My thinking is that a vague interest in exploring the possibilities has always got to be better than an outright "no"! I think the uni most favoured atm is Edinburgh, not sure why but a big attraction is that it's nowhere near Norwich!

So in this atmosphere, I start to think about continuing my studies. "Wouldn't it be nice to do some youth work research?" "Maybe I need to consider finishing the degree course or move on to the Masters?" "Is it possible to "top up" what I've done with some theological study?"

Well I finished one folder yesterday- Work as a Member of a Team- probably need to crack on and get some more finished before I start planning on further study.

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2006 7:27 pm, Blogger Phil said...

You're doing really well.

Just thought it needed saying.

 
At March 21, 2006 12:41 am, Blogger sparkles said...

defintely.

did you have a nice birthday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home