STOP THE TRAFFIK

Friday, February 10, 2006

Brain mush

I have been mildly worried about myself over the last few weeks really as a high octane combination of deadlines and busyness have resulted in what could be described as burnout but is more accurately termed Brain Mush. Brain Mush is when your brain says "You have abused me for the last time, I give up!". Although it sounds painful, it is actually quite pleasant- you have a light headed feeling of emptiness and a floating feeling that you are totally missing Very Important Things that are going on around you. It means that you think one thing and say another. It requires that you stand there for several minutes unable to move or think. It requires that words don't make sense and don't penetrate what used to be a complex processing machine- ie your brain- it is now officially Mush.

I thought it was a temporary shut down but after two weeks, I believe the effect is permanent. I would like to thank you all now for your friendship and support over the years. I really may not be in a fit state to communicate this for much longer. And don't be worried if you see me with a vacant stare, a wide grin, silently rocking in the corner- I am perfectly well and happy. Just another victim of Brain Mush.

1 Comments:

At February 11, 2006 10:50 pm, Blogger Balaji said...

This happens for me when i get drunk. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home