STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Neighbours...

I have been a fan of Neoghbours for many years. At first I was ashamed to admit it, but now several members of my family watch too, I'm quite proud to say I'm a fan. Today's episode was quite dramatic: many of the Ramsey Street characters were on a vintage plane flight to Tazmania, unaware that a bomb was ticking under the fuselage. It was in part corny but also quite sad and moving too. I think the reason why I like Neighbours is because of the characters and the humour (intentional and unintentional) I like the fact that some of the characters have been around for ages so you "know them" inside out and they have various things happen to them like Lou going to prison and Harold having a stroke. My favourite characters at the moment for conflict and comedy value are the Timminses. Janelle in particular (brash, in-yer-face "bogan") is a classic Neighbours character, meeting her male nemesis in Joe Mangal. Dylan Timmins is your classic bad boy trying to turn good (not an unusual theme for Neighbours) and the recent plot line of a criminal ex-friend setting him up to rob a store was a great one. The police are now onto him but as he's crashed in the Tazmanian sea, I doubt they'll get him, at least for a few more episodes!

14 Comments:

At January 18, 2006 3:31 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Just so as you know, I have a friend who's just got back from OZ and in her words "Oh my gosh! so much has happened!"

I can send you her email address if you want to know more.....

(hehe)

 
At January 18, 2006 3:33 pm, Blogger Helsalata said...

yes, yes, YES!(please!) ;)

 
At January 18, 2006 3:58 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Ok, but not here....IM I think.

 
At January 18, 2006 6:17 pm, Blogger Carl said...

I watch it fairly frequently because so many people close to me are fans.

Today was excellent - the first genuinely very good storyline in ages. Recently the rest has been ok.

Sky had better not be dead!

 
At January 18, 2006 6:24 pm, Blogger Craig Deal said...

man I havent watched that since Kylie left

 
At January 19, 2006 1:09 am, Blogger monty said...

If you were a real fan in your previous posts you would have listed - 1. Travel to Ramsey Street... ;-)

hehehe - I have always wanted to do that.

My wife won't let me watch Neighbours, as she puts it - I already watch too much crap on tv - yet she is the one that will watch Extreme Makeover! So unfair

 
At January 19, 2006 7:53 am, Blogger Helsalata said...

Maybe instead of "Being in a film" I should say "Be on Neighbours"?

 
At January 20, 2006 12:09 am, Blogger monty said...

Oh yeah - even better. Which house would you live in? I think I want the ol' Robinson house (I think Paul is living there or was about 6 weeks ago). He was planning an extension to annoy the neighbours.

Thats cause its the only one that appears to have stairs

 
At January 20, 2006 8:10 pm, Blogger joolians said...

this post gets the most comments on this page

HEROIN TV!! I try to stay away.

 
At January 20, 2006 10:02 pm, Blogger Helsalata said...

There speaks a former addict! You know you want to watch again... :P

 
At January 21, 2006 11:06 am, Blogger Harriet said...

go to www.neighboursfans.com

its a forum and you can read about and discuss the story lines!! inlcuding the aussie ones so you can read their spoilers which we wont get for another three months!! I know what is going to happen for their end of season finale, which will be about march for us!!!! he he he he!!!

 
At January 21, 2006 11:56 am, Blogger Laura said...

I remember the days when Neighbours kept its viewers engrossed with a good ol' love story (Libby and Drew... ahhh!)

 
At January 22, 2006 7:42 am, Blogger Helsalata said...

I have never liked Libby as a character. Thankfully, she has remainder consistantly annoying over the years which means her character has been well written, so she's ok really!

 
At January 23, 2006 8:36 pm, Blogger Timothy V Reeves said...

What's Neighbours? Surely you lot don't all live on the same street?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home