STOP THE TRAFFIK

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Small Change

I was out with some young people on a trip on Friday and noticed that if they dropped any money from their pockets, they would barely even give it a second look, let alone pick it up. I got the feeling that if they showed the slightest sign that they were bothered about losing some change, they would get ridiculed for being tight. And we all know there's nothing worse than being ridiculed is there?
But as for me, I still scrimp and save small change. There is something very comforting to me that I look after it all. After a few months, I'll tip out the pot and group 5's, 2's and 1's together in order to bag them up. "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves". Or maybe the new "Do I look bothered?" motto for this milennium could be "I can afford to lose it, it's only small change".

1 Comments:

At December 31, 2005 7:45 pm, Blogger Chris said...

I'm with you, every penny counts! These "young un's" will understand whne they have a mortgage to pay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home