STOP THE TRAFFIK

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Full Circle

When I worked as a Pastoral Care Worker at Mill View Middle School, I really loved the school, the kids and the area. It "felt" right. It was a difficult decision for me to make when I had to decide which job I wanted to stick with when working two jobs became too much (Mill View and Youth Service). I decided on the Youth Service for a variety of reasons: I had the opportunity to pursue the professional qualification, I like the variety of work and projects I get the opportunity to work in and I thought that the career advancement opportunities were better with the Youth Service (in comparison to the YMCA which seemed to take you from complete face to face work to completely office based work)
I'm now in a position to look at that decision and see where I am and how far I have come. I am nearly at the end of the Brunel course: it's been a slog (with a LOT more work to come) but the end is in sight. Once I have that qualification, no-one can take it away from me. As far as career advancement is concerned, I have gone another level up which is partly due to my range of experience in a variety of projects and coming towards the end of the Brunel course. (I also there is a hefty amount of God in the whole thing as well [I guess non-Christians would call it luck!] concerning timing and being a part time position) I still have mainly face to face work, I work in a variety of projects and I'd like to think I will develop the skills of others in their roles. And now, I am running a youth club in Marlpit and getting a lot of ex-Mill View pupils attending which is amazing. It'a a great feeling to realise that actually some of those tough decisions I made have been the right ones and I can see that everything is where it should be.

I can't believe how God has brought me full circle- it's amazing!

4 Comments:

At December 03, 2005 8:52 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Helen, Thank you for being an encourager, and a living example of God's grace and purpose.

Maybe one day I'll actually meet you....

(DB)

 
At December 03, 2005 11:18 pm, Blogger sparkles said...

If you come to my Baptism you will - she's gonna hold me towel for me :D

Helen is fabdabudocious! A constant inspiration to me.

 
At December 04, 2005 5:58 pm, Blogger Phil said...

I agree Helen is fab. I've heard how much of a support she's been to lots of people, which I think requires some encouraging coming back her way (Full circle.)

I need to get to NCBC anyway, so your baptism sounds like an ideal time.

 
At December 05, 2005 9:34 am, Blogger Helsalata said...

Thanks for those lovely comments guys! I look forward to seeing you Phil...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home