STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, December 05, 2005

Body language

I keep thinking about the bad press that folded arms get from body language experts. I often find that I have folded arms but I like to do it for comfort rather than to create a barrier. I catch myself every now and again and think "Oh, I ought to stop doing this because it gives the wrong impression" but when I stop I just feel cold! What if body language experts are wrong and it's just a warmth/comfort thing?! I don't know if anyone else is like me but it's really comforting to have your hands tucked away. I find that waistbands are another comfortable place for hands to be.

So if you see me with arms tightly folded across my chest this winter, it's not that I'm uptight in your company, it's more to do with keeping warm!

5 Comments:

At December 06, 2005 9:06 am, Blogger sparkles said...

i think potentially they look for signs alongside the folded arms...

 
At December 06, 2005 10:08 am, Blogger Phil said...

Yes, but Helen's right in as much as 'folded arms' is one of the signs that is generally known by people nowadays.

 
At December 06, 2005 7:51 pm, Blogger sparkles said...

yeah, but maybe we jump to conclusions. Often it does simply mean 'I'm cold!'

I often find that when I'm feeling tense, if I stop and reflect on my body I discover that my hands are clenched, my arms are wrapped round me etc etc. If I let my body relax then I seem to calm down.

 
At December 06, 2005 9:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you should just invest in some thermals!

naomi

 
At December 06, 2005 10:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you Helen
not only keeps me warm, but is comfy too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home