STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Not at all fine and dandy...

I learnt this evening that my very good friend Zak Carr died on Sunday as a result of a very serious biking accident. I worked with Zak at Wymondham Leisure Centre and that's where he met Bev who became his wife. He was always full of energy and a real zest for any task that caught his imagination. He was a world class sportsman and was completely focused almost to the point of obsession with training! I loved him becacuse he was like a brother-crazy, silly and bouncy like a puppy. I remember when he came to my house so that I could make Bev a huge Valentine's cake made from muffin mixture! He was a good friend...and I shall miss him.

3 Comments:

At October 18, 2005 11:18 pm, Blogger joolians said...

do you remember some of the funny food he use to eat? strange mixes of stuff.

it's not fair is it.

 
At October 19, 2005 7:00 am, Blogger Helsalata said...

*sigh* I remember the hair cuts and colours and the way he was ok with having tattoos done but not with piercings.

Fair? I'm thinking that everyone touches someone elses life so I guess it's never fair. But at 30 and such a vibrant person, no it's not fair.

 
At October 19, 2005 8:58 am, Blogger Mark said...

*sympathy*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home