STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, July 04, 2005

Baptismal Service

Yesterday's service was a really good and moving one. The musicians especially were great and I found myself completely choked with tears during All My Days (Beautiful Saviour). The words:

"I long to be, where the praise is never ending;
Yearn to dwell where the glory never fades,
Where countless worshippers will share one song;
And cries of "worthy" will honour the lamb!"

It was a heaven touching earth moment for me and I could imagine the whole of Hyde Park filled with people singing songs to God instead of being at Live8.

Three people were due to be baptised and they all did their testimonies and then during the hymn, James called antone else forward who wanted to be baptised there and then. I could tell that Naomi was struggling with her flute; it didn't want to be played! She went forward and was baptised too! YAY! That wouldn't have happened with our previous minister as he was keen on it being a well thought through decision. It was cool though.

It spoiled it a little at the end when I tried to congratulate Phil and he was spikey because all his friends were there. Never mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home