STOP THE TRAFFIK

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Insomnia

It's amusing that having discovered that I am the Sleeping Beauty, I sleep badly! I have woken up early yet again, 5.22am today and lay there thinking thought upon thought. I don't like sleeping less, it makes me look and feel like a zombie.

Chris B was asking me yesterday what I enjoy about my work and at the moment I'm not really enjoying any of it. Last night was no exception. I did however enjoy the presence of young people from Repton House and talking to Derek from there. We agreed that it would be good to do more stuff together but you can't just lump together young people with disabilities and young people without and expect them to get along. There's a lot of ground work needed.

Thanks for coming Helen V. I hope you made it to Fliss' OK.

4 Comments:

At June 14, 2005 9:31 pm, Blogger sparkles said...

it was good to experience being with disabled young people and understand the some of the communication problems.

I do so want to learn sign language. I was impressed and encouraged by your capability

 
At June 15, 2005 8:22 am, Blogger Helsalata said...

It felt like I had worked well but hadn't acheived anything if that makes any sense! SO when it came to the different groups feeding back, I didn't feel involved at all. It's really difficult to be in an atmosphere that always wants "results, results, results" when some of the things that are actual results, results that MEAN something, aren't considered a result.

 
At June 15, 2005 10:23 pm, Blogger sparkles said...

well, i wasn't too impressed by the guy running the thing. There are results and there are results. It felt a little steamrollered if that makes sense. I think you achieved results by connecting with these young people and wanting to include them.

 
At June 16, 2005 1:49 pm, Blogger Helsalata said...

Thank you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home