STOP THE TRAFFIK

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Making Poverty History

Since coming back from SH, I resolved to become more active in the Make Poverty History campaign. So I put that into action yesterday by standing outside the Forum and collecting signatures. Not on a piece of paper, oh no! People signed squares of material that were then pinned onto a giant white band to show support for the MPH campaign. I was really blown away that so many people approached us to find out more and sign up. I would say that awareness is about 50-50. Half the people had a general idea what it was about but many didn't have a clue. There were a couple of wierdos who didn't sign (well one wierdo and one chav!) but everyone else was really interested and positive.

Going to be doing it again on Wednesday morning...

3 Comments:

At April 10, 2005 9:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool helen, that sounds fab!!

Do u need ne help Im off work on wednesday?

 
At April 10, 2005 7:03 pm, Blogger Carl said...

I could also help on Wednesday morning if you want?

 
At April 10, 2005 10:03 pm, Blogger Helsalata said...

Best thing to do is contact Naomi Tuma via Mark on the forum. She'll be able to tell you when they need helpers.

Hannah I will be working in the afternoon on Wednesday so I don't know if it's worth your while coming to Norwich for just the morning...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home