STOP THE TRAFFIK

Friday, April 08, 2005

Cambridge

For the princely sum of £9.95, me and 2 daughters took the train to Cambridge today. It was bitterly cold and I regretted with every fibre of my being that I had been persuaded to wear my bright yellow rain mac and not my bright red winter coat.

We went to the Fitzwilliam Museum where we had a good, unstructured trail round, ending up inevitably in the gift shop. My mother twisted my arm completely and bought me this bag: overpriced, yes but undeniably cool. (Mine is purple but I was in a bit of a quandry about whether I should have had the pink. With the red coat though, I'm thinking that purple is the best choice all round!)

The lunch was Pizza Hut buffet. Stuff yourself silly all for £5.99. I never thought that I'd say I'm getting bored of pizza, but I am. :(

After lunch, shopping. A nice skirt in Monsoon that on investigation cost £125. It was nice but not that nice. In the end I splashed out a huge £3 on a top from Per Una at M&S. Other items of clothing were bought. Checked out felt pens for doing wonderfully creative and attractive Mind Maps but I was quite taken aback at how much they seem to cost. Should I just buy the el cheapo ones from Booksale that won't last too long?

Had coffee, hot choc and milkshakes at the AMT Coffee at Cambridge station. Great to see that they have this on display

Dear Customer,
Due to your demand, we are pleased to announce the following:
* WE ARE NOW 100% FAIRTRADE COFFEE!

(Unlike other more expensive coffee companies which are just using it as an option of convenience)
Not sure the chocolate or tea was fair trade but it's good to see they take a stand on fairtrade coffee. It's a start. Will have to look out for them in the future. I don't think they currently have a shop in Norwich.

The train journey's were fun: the usual mix of small scale bickering, reading and card game playing. We got home just before 7. T'was a good day in all...

1 Comments:

At April 09, 2005 11:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Helen!

So glad u all had a fab time in cambridge, and got to meet your mum etc.

Sounds like u got quite a few bargins there as well. I luv per una, u get nice stuff from them! I got a pink poncho (cant spell) but cant wear it now having red hair!

Ne more trips booked in beofre kids go back. Im off work now till next thursday if u need ne help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home