STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Working to earn a crust

This afternoon I work on a project with young people excluded from mainstream education. It just so happens that we are currently meeting them at the local snooker club. The dilemma is this: it's so easy to turn up and chat that why should I rock the boat? It's easy but is it actually work? Thinking of my considerable youth work skills, I guess there's an awful lot more that I could be offering those young people. Having said that, they never used to turn up when we were based at the normal centre so surely having some interaction and input into some young people is better than a structured session that no-one turns up to?
I have to say, my pool skills are sharpening up considerably. The down side is that I've come home stinking of cigarrette smoke!

Now I have to think about my youth club session tonight... not feeling particularly inspired...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home