STOP THE TRAFFIK

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Study and worship

I had a study day yesterday which was a daunting prospect as I felt really under the weather. My cold is now full blown and even though I slept relatively well (just another early start) I felt tired.

I was pleased to see we had Damian again as a tutor (he's the one from the Army welfare) and I found I really enjoyed his input last time so I knew content-wise the day would be good. Most of the first half an hour was talking about competencies, which got me thinking about how little I've done (12 to do- I've "done" one). The work around Community Work was just reinforcing what we covered in the pack. The atmosphere is so much better in the group. We appear to work well. I think on analysis we have all migrated to the people we feel most comfortable with. It just means that we actually get stuff done and that you don't feel like blowing your brains out at the end of the day. It all helps...

In the evening I went to the NYFC commissioning service at St. Andrews. It was good to pray for the guys there. I also started thinking about my placement which really should have been sorted by now.

The idea is that the placement for my course covers the things in my competencies that I will struggle to provide evidence for. Looking through however the one that seems to be tricky for me is "Management of Others" and none of the ideas I have seem to fit with fulfilling it's criteria.

Anyway the idea is this: I have a range of thoughts as to what I could do as my placement. I write these up and present them to Chris and see what he says. It would be nice to receive payment for what I do (120 hours) but being at the service last night got me thinking about spirituality and the Youth Service as one of those options. I'm not sure that he'll pay me for it but I know I would enjoy it and it would have me doing something that I feel passionate about. I could guarantee to really work on it. I know he's going to say how good it sounds but it doesn't actually hit on the dodgy criteria for me...I need to think and pray how I can get round this...

I will actually try and write up these proposals and then give you a run down later in this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home