STOP THE TRAFFIK

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It's hard to type your blog when your cat is on your lap!

And whenI say lap, I mean chest! It means I have to type at arms fully stretched. It's not comfortable but it's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make in order to bring to you the latest happenings in my exciting life!

Some happenings, I can't say because they are top secret. I'm sorry but I just don't trust you enough to confide in you. I'd have to shoot you anyway and I wouldn't want to do that. It's against my religion!

Blurb was really good last night. It was an Easter Egg hunt game based on Battleships. It took ages for anyone to get a hit but we got there in the end. It appeared to have been enjoyed which was the main thing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The type at the bottom of this motivational poster says:

" When you contend with challenges that test your strength, you move more surely towards the top. "

Life's challenges are not meant to weaken you, they are meant to help you discover who you are. Sometimes while on the journey to overcoming these challenges it is easy to become overwhelmed. However, if we do not rise to meet these challenges and seek individual growth from them, then we can have no sense of confidence or conviction: we will end up being governed by the decisions of others.

This week don't be shy, meet those challenges head first. You may not only feel more productive but you may learn something new about yourself in the process.

We at WeMotivate.com wish you a fulfilling and successful week.

I find it interesting that in a day and age when failure is seen as weakness and what things look like on the outside is of paramount importance whether or not the inside is crumbling, that we have a company can suggest that challenges can be overwhelming. I guess the ethos behind these motivational business posters is that everyone can rise to the challenge and stand panting but victorious at the end. But I do like the thought of character growth through adversity and learning about yourself in the difficult times.

It reminds me of a Christian book by Chuck Swindoll (which I thought was an unfortunate name!) about how pain brings about character. Must dig it out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home