STOP THE TRAFFIK

Thursday, March 17, 2005

How many Baptists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Change??????

The meeting last night was frustrating to say the least. How can any organisation drag between 50 and 60 people out of their homes to ramble on and on and on? We didn't have a quorum to be able to vote, rattify should I say, the proposals had already been accepted at the January meeting. This was a Special church meeting in order to meet the Baptist Union requirements. So we went through all the available options and people debated each one- until I lost the will to live. Pictures of Kings kept flashing through my mind and God kindly told me the joke above just to show that he found the whole situation incredibly amusing!

The star of the whole thing was a very tired looking Steve Genders who facilitated the meeting with great skill and made it look so effortless. I looked around and saw the faces of so many friends, that on reflection I don't think I can move churches. That coupled with the fact that my daughter's are really well established and I wouldn't want to move them. I feel it's important for us to attend as a family.

And anyway, if I feel that I'm in a holding place and my church is like that too, isn't that the place I'm meant to be? I think so...at the moment.

1 Comments:

At March 17, 2005 9:36 am, Blogger sparkles said...

*hug*

cool joke :D

I am coming home today so I can come and bash the Baptists up ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home