STOP THE TRAFFIK

Monday, March 14, 2005

The Day That Didn't get Blogged!

I didn't get chance to blog yesterday so I thought I might just reflect a little about the morning service.

I was determined to really use the time to focus on God and to see what He wanted to say. I even took notes during the sermon!! We had a minister from Cambridge called Tricia Troughton and she had a very easy clear style- I think all in all it was a good service. We sang "Overwhelmed by Love" which I don't think we've ever done before, certainly not in the morning service and Peter Barnes did a nice "Holy Spirit bit" during it. It helped to focus on the words and feel God's love for us as an individual.

It's a shame that I don't have a scanner (or indeed a working digital camera!) because my notes work so much better as they were written with plenty of pictorial representations too!

These are the random words that I can pick out in my notes:

PAIN --- BARRIERS self defences shield bad and good. We may not get all that God wants to give to us
Be Still and Know That I Am God- God has given the gift of time and memory. We need that time to let God speak to us- there's no cost to silence
Salvation- (definition) healing, coming to peace, well being. So salvation is about wholeness rather than a heroic act of saving...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com crumpled, crushed
Image hosted by Photobucket.comunder attack but not crushed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home